Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - Group A - Cuisine de France vs The Home of Dracula

• 10-06-2016 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

81751.jpg

Oh yes!!! Fire up yizzer vuvezue... Oh...

The first pivotal game of the Euro's begins with a crappy opening ceremony followed by some actual football between the host nation and Romania!!

There'll be hotties in the crowd. There'll be pointless replays but most of all there'll be cheers from the That_Guy household when Giroud pops up to score first earning him a whopping €20 profit!!

May your glasses be filled with French wine.
    May your bellies be filled with goulash.

And may this game actually be worth the watch!!

Over to you football.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Ghouly lash is Hungarian.

Come on Romania, 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Ghouly lash is Hungarian.

Come on Romania, 2-1.

There is Transylvanian Goulash. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I love how RTE are like the Anti-Sky
    Sky hyping the **** out of everything
    RTE: 'Nah lads don't even bother it's gonna be ****e'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Is the match only on rte 2 ?

Don't see it on utv or bbc at all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Come on you Romskys.

• Advertisement

Is the match only on rte 2 ?

Don't see it on utv or bbc at all ?

I think it's on the British version of UTV, we get UTV Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is rte player working for anyone? All the other channels working except RTE2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

UTV Ireland in their wisdom have decreed that the Irish people will be much more interested in a repeat of Daniel and Majella's B&B road trip . ITV have the match. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I have a feeling this will be very tight. Romania are extremely solid.

1-0 France.

ankles wrote: »
    UTV Ireland in their wisdom have decreed that the Irish people will be much more interested in a repeat of Daniel and Majella's B&B road trip . ITV have the match. Jesus wept.

If RTE have the rights, UTV Ireland aren't gonna be able to have them.

• Advertisement

Dunphy doesn't like other people criticising players in public yet he has made a living off it himself.

Paully D wrote: »
    I have a feeling this will be very tight. Romania are extremely solid.

1-0 France.

I think people might be reading too much into the groups, they were in a group that Northern Ireland won. France will be a different proposition entirely so this is a new challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

RTE is unbearable to watch already, so negative about everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Checking the underneath of the car for bombs

Tony O Donoghue has been tango'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

CSF wrote: »
    If RTE have the rights, UTV Ireland aren't gonna be able to have them.

Daniel and Majella's B&B road trip. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll go with a 2-0 win for France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

ankles wrote: »

At least Daniel & Majella don't make you listen to Bittersweet Symphony every 15 seconds.

Brady: "I don't think Sweden are all that and I don't think Italy are up to much"

FFS Darragh, challenge him on that statement. No stats or anything to back that up as usual Brady. Christ. Such lazy punditry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

1-0 to the nia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That quiz question is a fcuking pisstake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Haven't seen much of France but am surprised to see Payet in ahead of Martial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Always a pleasure to listen to Didi Hamann.

2-0 to La Belle France. Greizmann to score first.

Haven't seen much of France but am surprised to see Payet in ahead of Martial.

I thought they were going to go with the 4 of them as a super attacking unit, but if it's a straight choice it's got to be Payet all the way really hasn't it?

Ronald Whelan in the hizzouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

Whelan looks terrified.

In keeping with the negative theme RTE are going with, heeeeeeeeeere's Ronnie Whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

CSF wrote: »
    I thought they were going to go with the 4 of them as a super attacking unit, but if it's a straight choice it's got to be Payet all the way really hasn't it?

He is good at set-pieces which may have gotten him the nod. I'd be more confident of Martial doing it on a big stage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I dunno.. this sorta event on RTE just isn't the same without Bill :( I'm half tempted to switch over to ITV tbh... the tone here is just wrong for the start of a tournament

• Advertisement

Good to see Kante get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Didi is looking particularly handsome this evening

He is good at set-pieces which may have gotten him the nod. I'd be more confident of Martial doing it on a big stage though.

They're 2 different calibres of player right now, Payet is in his peak and has been producing magic all season. Martial is still a prospect who isn't his peak yet and his end product is therefore a bit less prolific in terms of goals and assists. With Griezmann in the team they already have that burst of pace you need to stretch a team so I think it's the right decision.

Good to see Kante get a chance.

Their midfield is scary, Kante for player of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I dunno.. this sorta event on RTE just isn't the same without Bill :( I'm half tempted to switch over to ITV tbh... the tone here is just wrong for the start of a tournament

Ah here. It's hardly RTE's fault that our beloved Billo isn't around. What are they supposed to do...dig him up?

Analyse Romania for us there Liam.

"Well, eh... they're old"

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah here. It's hardly RTE's fault that our beloved Billo isn't around. What are they supposed to do...dig him up?

Daragh isn't half the presenter though and the whole tone just feels flat. A shake-up of the presentation team as a whole is needed I think.

ProudDUB wrote: »

I eh......don't think that's what he was going for

Oh to have someone like James Richardson as host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

vidor wrote: »
    Oh to have someone like James Richardson as host.

Without a doubt the greatest.

There was some game, I forget which one, where Darragh stood up to Dunphy and challenged him on the waffle he was coming out with.

I reckon Darragh will hold his tongue as best he can for the first few days but I'm predicting he will lose the rag with Eamo by week 2 at the latest.

• Advertisement

There was some game, I forget which one, where Darragh stood up to Dunphy and challenged him on the waffle he was coming out with.

I reckon Darragh will hold his tongue as best he can for the first few days but I'm predicting he will lose the rag with Eamo by week 2 at the latest.

Could well happen during the second Ireland game I'd say.

Was that the time Dunphy then started to bully Maloney? Felt sorry for the latter that night, nasty bit of tv.

"It's based on France's spirit and will turn into a massive explosion.... of colour"

Choose your words carefully now Georgie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

That_Guy wrote: »
    "It's based on France's spirit and will turn into a massive explosion.... of colour"

Choose your words carefully now Georgie.

Was just about to say! lol Not the best choice of words given the location there, George.

Looks like the Hunger Games.

What's with the running commentary? I'm not a big fan of all this "artistic" opening ceremony stuff but I think the lads think they're covering the Eurovision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Daragh isn't half the presenter though and the whole tone just feels flat. A shake-up of the presentation team as a whole is needed I think.

Daragh needs to be given some time to grow into the role. He hasn't been doing it all that long. He deserves to be given some time, to find his own way of making the job his own. Even Billo needed some time to find his feet all those years ago and he didn't have to deal with constantly being compared to someone else all the time. Daragh will be fine in time, he's an excellent broadcaster imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

David Geu-tta and his uh... decks

David Guetta getting paid thousands to press 'play' and move around a bit.

201501_1031_ichac_sm.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement